In addition to their individual research interests, this broad background of disciplines has facilitated the School of SLS faculty to work in a collaborative effort towards two main areas of research and development - Integrated Biosystem Dynamics and Nanotechnology for Sustainability.
The primary goal of our school is to pursue and address pertinent issues currently facing mankind and to improve the livelihood of everyone world-wide through the individual research conducted in each lab and within these two thrust areas.
It should come as no surprise, therefore, the faculty within the school of SLS has been very successful in receiving highly competitive national grants, including the World Class University (WCU) and Renewable Energy Program grants in 2009 and the prestigious Science Research Center (SRC) in 2010. Furthermore, the School of SLS has recently celebrated the opening of the Hans Schöler Stem Cell Research Center, that will be a cradle for cutting-edge biomedical research alongside our In-vivo Research Center.
- Research News
- [JBkim] Generation of Induced Hepatocyte-Like Cells from Fibroblasts by Defined Factors
- [JBkim] Oct4-induced oligodendrocyte progenitor cells enhance functional recovery in spinal cord injury model
- [JBkim] 유전자 비삽입형 in vivo 리프로그래밍 기술 기반 난치성 간질환 치료 원천기술 개발
- [JBkim]Direct lineage conversion of fibroblasts into oligodendrocyte progenitor cells
- [KoMG]Acute loss of TET function results in aggressive myeloid cancer in mice.